Stacy Klein is a Communications Manager for the Employment Security Department.
ESD is in the process of enhancing the unemployment insurance tax system to better serve Washington’s employers. Whether your company employs tens of thousands of workers or one, we’ve got all hands on deck to help support you through the transition.
We encourage you to follow this blog. From time to time we’ll post helpful tips or important information to know before you file.
- Changes to our homepage
- ‘File a quarterly report‘ goes directly to SAW so you can log into EAMS.
- ‘Make a tax payment‘ goes directly to ePay.
- ‘Get help filing a tax report‘ goes to our new on-line troubleshooting index.
- Check ‘Alerts’ to find out what’s happening now. We update ‘Tax Filing Tips’ frequently to keep employers informed.
2. EAMS users
- Apply for ‘Locked Services’ so you can save and copy information from quarter to quarter. You can also amend reports, view and print prior reports and auto-calculate excess wages. Apply for Locked Services today (scroll to ‘How to request locked services’ section).
- EAMS will only work with Internet Explorer (IE) 8, 9, 10 and 11 in ‘Compatibility Mode.’ Currently, EAMS doesn’t work with Google Chrome or Firefox.
- MAC users: EAMS only works with Safari.
- We now have step-by-step set-up instructions for EAMS. Check it out.
- Some EAMS users tell us they can’t see a previously filed report. As long as you received a confirmation number after filing, we have received the report. We are currently working to restore the user view so EAMS users can see their filed report.
3. Get help filing your quarterlies
- We now have a troubleshooting index available online. Quickly locate a topic and find on-line information about the most-asked-about information.
- We are experiencing longer than normal hold times on our technical support phone line. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before calling. We’re currently responding within the day. Our commitment is to respond to your call within three days.
- UIWebTax will only work with Internet Explorer (IE) 8, 9, 10 and 11 in ‘Compatibility Mode.’ Please do not use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- UIFastTax has been retired. We no longer accept UIFastTax electronic filings or submittals of paper copies in the UIFastTax format. We are asking all employers to move to EAMS. Learn about EAMS and set up your EAMS account.